The BEAT IT program is suitable for people who may be overweight and/or obese, with or at risk of diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, arthritis, osteoporosis and any other lifestyle related chronic condition.
It’s also suitable for anybody just looking to get active and improve their health in a supportive environment.
• A 10-12 week physical activity and education program including healthy eating and lifestyle advice.
• Aimed to assist with increasing physical activity levels and improving healthy lifestyle behaviours to prevent or manage diabetes and other chronic conditions in a safe and supportive environment with the goal of ensuring participants are competent to exercise independently following program completion.
• Run in a small group environment with a strong social aspect.
• All program providers are trained by Australian Diabetes Council’s health professionals to run their BEAT IT programs.
• ADC runs continual programs in the: Glebe and Newcastle offices.
• Other programs are run nationally (across Australia) by providers who have been trained by ADC.
Where: Click on State on the left hand column for a listing of current programs in your area.
Contact: BEAT IT team
Phone: 1300 DIABETES or 1300 342 238